B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization)
- ABOUT US
- SALIENT FEATURES
- VALUE ADDED COURSES
- CAREER PATH
- INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Department of Computer Science is one of the finest Department in SLCS since 2001 and is providing an undergraduate degree in B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization) from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
The era of internet and digitization is captivating us. Anything and everything, today is directly or indirectly related to the internet. The digital era has certainly opened up many new opportunities for graduates in both Software development and Information Security aspects. We provide this course to fulfill the requirements of both fields in single endeavor.
The objectives of the Department are
- To provide wide knowledge in the potentially rich & employable fields of Computer Science & Information Security.
- To Train & Equip the students to meet the requirement of the software Industries.
- To develop skills in software development with security measures so as to enable the students to take up employment in Home & global market.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue Post Graduation Programme in Computer Science/Applications.
Students will be able to
- Emphasize the society with moral values
- Have the ability to choose their path along with their area of interest.
- Become a Programmer, Software Developer, Web Designer, Cyber Security Analyst/ Specialist and etc.
- Pursue their career by solving problems using various methodologies.
- Lead their career with excellent application/security level programming skills.
Pass in +2 with Mathematics and aggregate above 60% .
Tamil – I / Hindi- I
English – I
Programming in C
Digital Principles & Computer Organization
Operating Systems Principles
Secure Programming using C – Lab
Tamil –II / Hindi – II
English – II
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Fundamentals of Network Security
Data Structures / System Software / Client Server Computing
Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab
Web Programming Lab
Relational Data Base Management System
Information Security Fundamentals
SQL Server Lab / Oracle Lab
Secure Programming using Java Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – I
Basic Tamil – I / Advanced Tamil- I / Office Automation Lab – I
Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
Open Source Technology
Ethical Hacking Lab
Open Source Technology Lab
Computer Graphics Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – II
Basic Tamil – II / Advanced Tamil-II / Office Automation Lab – II
Virtualization & Cloud Security
IT Governance, Risk & Information Security Management
Computer Forensics – Lab
Mobile Application Lab / OOMD Lab
.Net Programming Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – III
Aptitude & Online Training
Internship Training / Project
- Providing realistic, hands-on training so as to master the students in Security level Programming.
- Focusing on Software Development using Open Source Softwares such as Python & PHP.
- Having updated Curriculum to meet Industrial Requirements.
- Organizing seminars and workshops in Android Apps Development, Responsive website development using Bootstrap, Laravel Framework, IoT, Digital Marketing,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various recent innovations.
- Having state-of-art lab with high end individual systems..
VALUE ADDED COURSES
- Certification Course in Security System Fundamentals
- Certification Course in CompTia Networking Fundamentals
- Certification Course in Microsoft Technologies
- Certification Course in A+ & N+
- Certification Course in Python Programming
|Level 1 –||Programmer|
|Computer Support Specialist|
|Computer Systems Analyst|
|Computer and Information Systems Manager|
|Level 2 –||Software Developer/Software Engineer|
|At least 1+ years of experience|
|Level 3 –||Software Architect|
|At least three+ years of experience|
|Level 4 –||Technical Lead|
|At least five+ years of experience in any one programming domain.|
|Level 5 –||Project Manager|
|At least eight+ years in the field to be considered|
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Our students got placed in the following industries.
- TrenMax Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Xencia Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Dot Com Infoway Ltd
- Winsols Business Development Service Ltd
- Atomicka Softtech Pvt Ltd
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, MHRD
- Spicejet Airways
- Zerame Software Solutions
The Department of CS & the Department of Networking jointly organized a Career Guidance programme on 21.11.2019 for the II year students at the Seminar Hall. Mrs.N.Anuradha, HoD, Dept. of CS introduced the Chief Guest, Mr.Wilber Saloman, IT Dept, Dinamalar. He addressed students on the topic “How to create…
On 13 November 2019, Mr. V. Sivaa and Mr. P. K. Dilipkumar of II B.Sc CS presented a paper on “Cyber Security”. Mr. V. Shivaa shared his knowledge on “Cyber Security” with the students of I B.Sc CS. He explained how an intruder gains unauthorized access to protected systems…
A TechTalk session was conducted on 22 November 2019 by the Department of Computer Science(SSS) for the students of II B.Sc CS(SSS). Ms. R. Abinaya presented a paper on “IOT”. Mr. P. Nirmal Raj gave a presentation on “Augmented Reality” and Ms. S. Shruthikaa spoke about “Augmented Reality” with…
On 15 November 2019, a TechTalk session was conducted by the Department of Computer Science. Students of II B.Sc CS(SSS) presented their papers during this session. Mr. V. Shivaa shared his knowledge on “Recent Technology”. Mr. P. K. Dilip Kumar explained “Intelligent Apps” through a Power Point presentation and…
A TechTalk event for the students of II year, Computer Science Department was conducted on 08, November 2019. Ms. V. Kaarthiyaini of II B.Sc CS(SSS) presented a paper on “ Humanoid Robot”. She shared her experience on developing a humanoid and explained how it works.
The Department of CS, as a part of their Extension Activity recorded and aired a programme “தண்ணீர் பஞ்சம்” through SLCS’s Community Radio Shyamalavani on 14.11.2019 at 02.30 PM. Seven students from II B.Sc CS (SSS) ‘B’ performed a skit “Thaneer Pancham”, a play about water scarcity for the benefit…