B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization)
- ABOUT US
- SALIENT FEATURES
- VALUE ADDED COURSES
- CAREER PATH
- INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Department of Computer Science and Information Technology is one of the finest Departments in SLCS since 2001 and is providing an undergraduate degree in B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization) from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
The era of internet and digitalization is captivating us. Anything and everything, today is directly or indirectly related to the internet. The digital era has certainly opened up many new opportunities for graduates in both Software development and Information Security aspects. We provide this course to fulfill the requirements of both fields in single endeavor.
The objectives of the Department are
- To provide wide knowledge in the potentially rich & employable fields of Computer Science & Information Security.
- To Train & Equip the students to meet the requirement of the software Industries.
- To develop skills in software development with security measures so as to enable the students to take up employment in Home & global market.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue Post Graduation Programme in Computer Science/Applications.
Students will be able to
- Emphasize the society with moral values
- Have the ability to choose their path along with their area of interest.
- Be a Programmer, Software Developer, Web Designer, Cyber Security Analyst/ Specialist and etc.
- Pursue their career by solving problems using various methodologies.
- Lead their career with excellent application/security level programming skills.
Pass in +2 with
(i) Mathematics or
(ii) Computer Science as one of the subject with 55% of marks.
Tamil – I / Hindi- I
English – I
Programming in C
Digital Principles & Computer Organization
Operating Systems Principles
Secure Programming using C – Lab
Tamil –II / Hindi – II
English – II
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Fundamentals of Network Security
Data Structures / System Software / Client Server Computing
Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab
Web Programming Lab
Relational Data Base Management System
Information Security Fundamentals
SQL Server Lab / Oracle Lab
Secure Programming using Java Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – I
Basic Tamil – I / Advanced Tamil- I / Office Automation Lab – I
Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
Open Source Technology
Ethical Hacking Lab
Open Source Technology Lab
Computer Graphics Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – II
Basic Tamil – II / Advanced Tamil-II / Office Automation Lab – II
Virtualization & Cloud Security
IT Governance, Risk & Information Security Management
Computer Forensics – Lab
Mobile Application Lab / OOMD Lab
.Net Programming Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – III
Aptitude & Online Training
Internship Training / Project
- Providing realistic, hands-on training so as to master the students in Security level Programming.
- Focusing on Open Source Software Development using Python & PHP.
- Having updated Curriculum with Mobile Apps development and Secured Cloud Computing to meet Industrial Requirements.
- Organizing seminars and workshops in Android Apps Development, Responsive website development, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various recent innovations.
- Having state-of-art lab with recent licensed versions of Software.
VALUE ADDED COURSES
- Certification Course in Java & J2EE Technologies
- Certification Course in Dot Net Programming Framework
- Certification Course in Microsoft Technologies
- Certification Course in Red Hat Linux
- Certification Course in A+ & N+
|Level 1 -||Programmer|
|Computer Support Specialist|
|Computer Systems Analyst|
|Computer and Information Systems Manager|
|Level 2 -||Software Developer/Software Engineer|
|At least 1+ years of experience|
|Level 3 -||Software Architect|
|At least three+ years of experience|
|Level 4 -||Technical Lead|
|At least five+ years of experience in any one programming domain.|
|Level 5 -||Project Manager|
|At least eight+ years in the field to be considered|
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Our students got placed in the following industries.
- TrenMax Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Xencia Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Dot Com Infoway Ltd
- Winsols Business Development Service Ltd
- Atomicka Softtech Pvt Ltd
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, MHRD
- Spicejet Airways
PLACEMENT DETAILS ( 2014 – 2017 BATCH)
Experience – 4 Years
Mentor Meeting As per the time table, an introductory mentor meeting for the even semester 2017 – 18 was commenced on 16.11.2017 at Seminar Hall by 11.10 AM. During this meet, all mentors asked about grievances from their mentees. Also the mentors informed the students…
Technofest – Association Meet The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology had organized the Technofest, the meeting to exhibit the technical skills of the students. Honorable Head of the Department, Mrs. N. Anuradha, Department of Computer Science delivered her felicitation address. Students from both first and second year presented…
Mr.K.Aravind Kumar (Cell No: 9677881422) , an alumnus of 2009-2012 B.Sc(Computer Science) Batch, who is presently working as a Assistant Manager in Sales, Vodafone Cellular, Madurai, visited our department and had a interaction with current II-B.Sc(IT) & II-B.Sc(CS) [2016-2019 Batch]. He asked the students to update themselves in recent…
An orientation program was conducted on behalf of Computer Science and Information Technology on 1-11-2017. Mrs.N.Anuradha, HOD, Department of Computer Science and IT welcome the gathering and instructed the following things to the student of all first years, second years and third years of our department. New Subjects for…
On behalf of department of Computer science & Information Technology, four students and the Assistant Professor S.Vignesh went to Sarasvathi Narayanan College for the outreach program and conducted the awareness workshop on the information security. The students demonstrated the ethical hacking tools to the various departments (III B.Sc. Computer Science,…
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology conducted seminar on topic “What You Think Is What You Become” on 21-7-2017 morning. The event began with a prayer song followed by a welcome address by K.Vignesh III B.Sc CS. Mrs.N.Anuradha, HOD-CS and Mrs.K.P.Maheswari, HOD-IT gave Felicitation Speech. Miss. Archana of…