B.Sc Computer Science & Security Systems
- ABOUT US
- SALIENT FEATURES
- VALUE ADDED COURSES
- CAREER PATH
- INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Department of Computer Science is one of the finest Departments in SLCS since 2001and is providing an undergraduate degree in B.Sc Computer Science & Security Systems from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
The era of internet and digitalization is captivating us. Anything and everything, today is directly or indirectly related to the internet. The digital era has certainly opened up many new opportunities for graduates in both Software development and Information Security aspects. We provide this course to fulfill the requirements of both fields in single endeavor.
The objectives of the Department are
- To provide wide knowledge in the potentially rich & employable fields of Computer Science & Information Security.
- To Train & Equip the students to meet the requirement of the software Industries.
- To develop skills in software development with security measures so as to enable the students to take up employment in Home & global market.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue Post Graduation Programme in Computer Science/Applications.
Students will be able to
- Emphasize the society with moral values
- Have the ability to choose their path along with their area of interest.
- Be a Programmer, Software Developer, Web Designer, Cyber Security Analyst/ Specialist and etc.
- Pursue their career by solving problems using various methodologies.
- Lead their career with excellent application/security level programming skills.
Pass in +2 with
(i) Mathematics or
(ii) Computer Science as one of the subject with 55% of marks.
Tamil – I / Hindi- I
English – I
Programming in C
Programming in C – Lab
Tamil –II / Hindi – II
English – II
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Data Structures / System Software / Client Server Computing
Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab
Office Automation & HTML lab
Relational Data Base Management System
SQL Server Lab / Oracle Lab
Workshop on Reasoning and Numerical skills`
Workshop on Communicative English – I
Basic Tamil – I / Advanced Tamil- I / Office Automation Lab
Java Programming Lab
.Net Programming Lab
Workshop on verbal and non verbal skills
Workshop On Communicative English – II
Computer Graphics Lab
Basic Tamil – II / Advanced Tamil-II / Web Designing Lab
Open source Technology
Programming with JSP Lab/ Open source Technology – Lab
Object Oriented Modeling and Design with UML Lab /
Mobile Apps Development Lab
Workshop on GD and Interview Skills
Workshop on Presentation Skills Development
Internship Training / Project
- Providing realistic, hands-on training so as to master the students in Security level Programming.
- Focusing on Open Source Software Development using Python & PHP.
- Having updated Curriculum with Mobile Apps development and Secured Cloud Computing to meet Industrial Requirements.
- Organizing seminars and workshops in Android Apps Development, Responsive website development, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various recent innovations.
- Having state-of-art lab with recent licensed versions of Software.
VALUE ADDED COURSES
- Certification Course in Java & J2EE Technologies
- Certification Course in Dot Net Programming Framework
- Certification Course in Microsoft Technologies
- Certification Course in Red Hat Linux
- Certification Course in A+ & N+
|Level 1 -||Programmer|
|Computer Support Specialist|
|Computer Systems Analyst|
|Computer and Information Systems Manager|
|Level 2 -||Software Developer/Software Engineer|
|At least 1+ years of experience|
|Level 3 -||Software Architect|
|At least three+ years of experience|
|Level 4 -||Technical Lead|
|At least five+ years of experience in any one programming domain.|
|Level 5 -||Project Manager|
|At least eight+ years in the field to be considered|
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Our students got placed in the following industries.
- TrenMax Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Xencia Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Dot Com Infoway Ltd
- Winsols Business Development Service Ltd
- Atomicka Softtech Pvt Ltd
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, MHRD
- Spicejet Airways
PLACEMENT DETAILS ( 2014 – 2017 BATCH)
Experience – 4 Years
On behalf of our CS Department’s “Techglorians” association meet, many events were conducted to bring out the inner talents of students and to enhance their technical as well as non-technical talents. Dr.R.LRamnath,.Principal,SLCS preside over the function and the meeting begins with the inspiring speech by our Hod, Mrs. Anuradha followed…
A department level workshop on “Robotics and Automation” was conducted for the students of III B.Sc CS on 12/08/16 and 13/08/16. The students are trained on Overview of Open source Dev boards, Raspberry Pi, Automation using Arduino and RPi. The training was given by Mr.S.N.S.Gopalan and Mr.K.G.Harshan from Third Party…
Our Department had organized a department level one week work shop (4-6-2016 to 8-6-2016) on programming in DATA STRUCTURES WITH C & C++ as a VALUE added course for second year Computer Science Students. The resource person, MR.VASU, Technical Consultant, Falcon System & Services, Chennai really did his best…
In today’s modern world E-Commerce websites like Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon are developed only through the CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. Therefore We, the department of Computer Science, organized a workshop for the students of III B.Sc Computer Science on “CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM USING WORDPRESS” on 27-06-2016 and 28-06-2016. Mr.J.P.Rajganesh and…
Department of Computer Science organized workshop on “Mobile Apps Development” for the +2 completed students on 07 & 08 May 2016. The workshop was started with prayer song. Ms.Sruthi Lakshmi, III B.Sc CS welcomed the gathering. Our president Dr.R.Lakshmipathy delivered the presidential address and he advised the students to choose…
On behalf of Department of Computer Science, Techglorians Association had arranged for two days workshop on “Mobile Apps Development” held on 14.12.15 & 15.12.15. Mr.M.SenthilKumar, Sr.Research Engineer, Qualcomm Bangalore, was the trainer for the workshop. Students were given training on developing their own mobile app like whatsapp. Students were given…