B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization)
- ABOUT US
- SALIENT FEATURES
- VALUE ADDED COURSES
- CAREER PATH
- INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Department of Computer Science and Information Technology is one of the finest Departments in SLCS since 2001 and is providing an undergraduate degree in B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization) from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
The era of internet and digitalization is captivating us. Anything and everything, today is directly or indirectly related to the internet. The digital era has certainly opened up many new opportunities for graduates in both Software development and Information Security aspects. We provide this course to fulfill the requirements of both fields in single endeavor.
The objectives of the Department are
- To provide wide knowledge in the potentially rich & employable fields of Computer Science & Information Security.
- To Train & Equip the students to meet the requirement of the software Industries.
- To develop skills in software development with security measures so as to enable the students to take up employment in Home & global market.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue Post Graduation Programme in Computer Science/Applications.
Students will be able to
- Emphasize the society with moral values
- Have the ability to choose their path along with their area of interest.
- Be a Programmer, Software Developer, Web Designer, Cyber Security Analyst/ Specialist and etc.
- Pursue their career by solving problems using various methodologies.
- Lead their career with excellent application/security level programming skills.
Pass in +2 with
(i) Mathematics or
(ii) Computer Science as one of the subject with 55% of marks.
Tamil – I / Hindi- I
English – I
Programming in C
Digital Principles & Computer Organization
Operating Systems Principles
Secure Programming using C – Lab
Tamil –II / Hindi – II
English – II
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Fundamentals of Network Security
Data Structures / System Software / Client Server Computing
Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab
Web Programming Lab
Relational Data Base Management System
Information Security Fundamentals
SQL Server Lab / Oracle Lab
Secure Programming using Java Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – I
Basic Tamil – I / Advanced Tamil- I / Office Automation Lab – I
Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
Open Source Technology
Ethical Hacking Lab
Open Source Technology Lab
Computer Graphics Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – II
Basic Tamil – II / Advanced Tamil-II / Office Automation Lab – II
Virtualization & Cloud Security
IT Governance, Risk & Information Security Management
Computer Forensics – Lab
Mobile Application Lab / OOMD Lab
.Net Programming Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – III
Aptitude & Online Training
Internship Training / Project
- Providing realistic, hands-on training so as to master the students in Security level Programming.
- Focusing on Open Source Software Development using Python & PHP.
- Having updated Curriculum with Mobile Apps development and Secured Cloud Computing to meet Industrial Requirements.
- Organizing seminars and workshops in Android Apps Development, Responsive website development, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various recent innovations.
- Having state-of-art lab with recent licensed versions of Software.
VALUE ADDED COURSES
- Certification Course in Java & J2EE Technologies
- Certification Course in Dot Net Programming Framework
- Certification Course in Microsoft Technologies
- Certification Course in Red Hat Linux
- Certification Course in A+ & N+
|Level 1 -||Programmer|
|Computer Support Specialist|
|Computer Systems Analyst|
|Computer and Information Systems Manager|
|Level 2 -||Software Developer/Software Engineer|
|At least 1+ years of experience|
|Level 3 -||Software Architect|
|At least three+ years of experience|
|Level 4 -||Technical Lead|
|At least five+ years of experience in any one programming domain.|
|Level 5 -||Project Manager|
|At least eight+ years in the field to be considered|
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Our students got placed in the following industries.
- TrenMax Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Xencia Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Dot Com Infoway Ltd
- Winsols Business Development Service Ltd
- Atomicka Softtech Pvt Ltd
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, MHRD
- Spicejet Airways
PLACEMENT DETAILS ( 2014 – 2017 BATCH)
Department of Computer Science and Information Technology conducted Technofest Associate Meet on 30, November 2018 at Seminar Hall. The meeting was started with a devotional prayer song. M.Vishalakshi of II B.Sc CS(SSS) delivered the welcome speech. Priety Leka M & Monisha M of II B.Sc CS(SSS) compered for the…
On behalf of Department of CS & IT, a guest lecture was organized on 30th, November 2018 for I B.SC CS (SSS) and II B.Sc CS (SSS) students at Seminar Hall in the topic “Job Opportunities in IT Industry”. M.Vishalakshi of II B.Sc.CS(SSS) welcomed the gathering. Dr.K.Archunan, Vice Principal…
The awareness program on usage of mobile phones was conducted at T.P.K.P.U Middle School, Nedumadurai on 28/11/2018 by the Department of CS & IT, SLCS. The program was started with welcome speech by Mr.Kasi Rajan, Head Master, T.P.K.P.U Middle School, Nedumadurai. Mrs.N.Anuradha, HOD, Department of CS & IT, SLCS…
As an outcome of various departmental activities like workshops, seminar, guest lecture, career guidance programmes and value added courses, department of CS & IT organized placement drive on 19.11.2018 at 10.30 AM for III B.Sc CS & III B.Sc IT students at Academic Lab II. Two…
On behalf of Department of CS & IT, orientation programme has been conducted on 08.11.2018 at 09.40 AM in Seminar Hall for I B.Sc CS (SSS), II B.Sc CS (SSS), III B.Sc CS & III B.Sc IT students. Our department HOD Mrs.N.Anuradha introduced the subjects which they are going…
On 20.09.2018, alumni, Mr.K.G.Harshan, CEO, Phixman.com (Batch: 2012 – 2015) interacted with I B.Sc CS (Security System Specialization) students by sharing his work experience. He shared about the resources and infrastructure available in our college and advised the students to utilize them effectively. Mr.Harshan motivated the students…