B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization)
- ABOUT US
- SALIENT FEATURES
- VALUE ADDED COURSES
- CAREER PATH
- INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Department of Computer Science is one of the finest Department in SLCS since 2001 and is providing an undergraduate degree in B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization) from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
The era of internet and digitization is captivating us. Anything and everything, today is directly or indirectly related to the internet. The digital era has certainly opened up many new opportunities for graduates in both Software development and Information Security aspects. We provide this course to fulfill the requirements of both fields in single endeavor.
The objectives of the Department are
- To provide wide knowledge in the potentially rich & employable fields of Computer Science & Information Security.
- To Train & Equip the students to meet the requirement of the software Industries.
- To develop skills in software development with security measures so as to enable the students to take up employment in Home & global market.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue Post Graduation Programme in Computer Science/Applications.
Students will be able to
- Emphasize the society with moral values
- Have the ability to choose their path along with their area of interest.
- Become a Programmer, Software Developer, Web Designer, Cyber Security Analyst/ Specialist and etc.
- Pursue their career by solving problems using various methodologies.
- Lead their career with excellent application/security level programming skills.
Pass in +2 with Mathematics and aggregate above 60% .
Tamil – I / Hindi- I
English – I
Programming in C
Digital Principles & Computer Organization
Operating Systems Principles
Secure Programming using C – Lab
Tamil –II / Hindi – II
English – II
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Fundamentals of Network Security
Data Structures / System Software / Client Server Computing
Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab
Web Programming Lab
Relational Data Base Management System
Information Security Fundamentals
SQL Server Lab / Oracle Lab
Secure Programming using Java Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – I
Basic Tamil – I / Advanced Tamil- I / Office Automation Lab – I
Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
Open Source Technology
Ethical Hacking Lab
Open Source Technology Lab
Computer Graphics Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – II
Basic Tamil – II / Advanced Tamil-II / Office Automation Lab – II
Virtualization & Cloud Security
IT Governance, Risk & Information Security Management
Computer Forensics – Lab
Mobile Application Lab / OOMD Lab
.Net Programming Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – III
Aptitude & Online Training
Internship Training / Project
- Providing realistic, hands-on training so as to master the students in Security level Programming.
- Focusing on Software Development using Open Source Softwares such as Python & PHP.
- Having updated Curriculum to meet Industrial Requirements.
- Organizing seminars and workshops in Android Apps Development, Responsive website development using Bootstrap, Laravel Framework, IoT, Digital Marketing,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various recent innovations.
- Having state-of-art lab with high end individual systems..
VALUE ADDED COURSES
- Certification Course in Security System Fundamentals
- Certification Course in CompTia Networking Fundamentals
- Certification Course in Microsoft Technologies
- Certification Course in A+ & N+
- Certification Course in Python Programming
|Level 1 –||Programmer|
|Computer Support Specialist|
|Computer Systems Analyst|
|Computer and Information Systems Manager|
|Level 2 –||Software Developer/Software Engineer|
|At least 1+ years of experience|
|Level 3 –||Software Architect|
|At least three+ years of experience|
|Level 4 –||Technical Lead|
|At least five+ years of experience in any one programming domain.|
|Level 5 –||Project Manager|
|At least eight+ years in the field to be considered|
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Our students got placed in the following industries.
- TrenMax Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Xencia Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Dot Com Infoway Ltd
- Winsols Business Development Service Ltd
- Atomicka Softtech Pvt Ltd
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, MHRD
- Spicejet Airways
- Zerame Software Solutions
On behalf of the Departments of CS & Networking, a Seminar was organized on 29th, January 2020 for the II B.Sc CS (SSS) & II B.Sc Networking students at the Seminar Hall on the topic “Cyber Security”. A.Aarthi, II B.Sc Networking welcomed the gathering. Mrs.N.Anuradha, HoD, Dept. of CS,…
The Departments of Computer Science and of Networking, jointly conducted a Value Added Course on “Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning” for the II Year Computer Science and Networking students from 02.01.2020 to 10.01.2020. Mr.Nanuswamy & Mrs.Naveena Swamy, members of IIT PALS, Chennai and Mr.M.Vignesh, CTO Quantanics, trained the students….
A prominent Alumna of Computer Science Department, Ms.R.Shruthi Lakshmi (Batch: 2014 – 2017), Programmer, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Chennai interacted with the I year CS (SSS) students on 09.01.2020. She explained the Job opportunities available at TCS and the latest technologies implemented in MNCs. It was an eye…
On 26 November 2019, KalaiSaral, the Association Meet was held by the Department of Computer Science. This provided a good platform for the students to develop their skills. The students of I and II year of B.Sc CS took part in this event. The program started at 11am with…
On behalf of the Department of CS & Networking, a Guest Lecture was organized on 10th, December 2019 for II B.Sc CS (SSS) & II B.Sc Networking students at the Seminar Hall on the topic “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning”. H.Abinaya, II B.Sc.CS(SSS) welcomed the gathering. Dr.B.Ramamoorthy,…
An awareness program on Digital India was conducted at T.P.K.P.U Middle School, Nedumadurai on 09/12/2019 by the Department of CS, SLCS. The program started with the welcome speech given by Mr.Kasi Rajan, Head Master, T.P.K.P.U Middle School, Nedumadurai. Mrs.S.Nirmala Devi, Asst. Professor, Department of CS, SLCS gave a brief…