B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization)
- ABOUT US
- SALIENT FEATURES
- VALUE ADDED COURSES
- CAREER PATH
- INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Department of Computer Science is one of the finest Department in SLCS since 2001 and is providing an undergraduate degree in B.Sc Computer Science (Security System Specialization) from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
The era of internet and digitization is captivating us. Anything and everything, today is directly or indirectly related to the internet. The digital era has certainly opened up many new opportunities for graduates in both Software development and Information Security aspects. We provide this course to fulfill the requirements of both fields in single endeavor.
The objectives of the Department are
- To provide wide knowledge in the potentially rich & employable fields of Computer Science & Information Security.
- To Train & Equip the students to meet the requirement of the software Industries.
- To develop skills in software development with security measures so as to enable the students to take up employment in Home & global market.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue Post Graduation Programme in Computer Science/Applications.
Students will be able to
- Emphasize the society with moral values
- Have the ability to choose their path along with their area of interest.
- Become a Programmer, Software Developer, Web Designer, Cyber Security Analyst/ Specialist and etc.
- Pursue their career by solving problems using various methodologies.
- Lead their career with excellent application/security level programming skills.
Pass in +2 with Mathematics and aggregate above 60% .
Tamil – I / Hindi- I
English – I
Programming in C
Digital Principles & Computer Organization
Operating Systems Principles
Secure Programming using C – Lab
Tamil –II / Hindi – II
English – II
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Fundamentals of Network Security
Data Structures / System Software / Client Server Computing
Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab
Web Programming Lab
Relational Data Base Management System
Information Security Fundamentals
SQL Server Lab / Oracle Lab
Secure Programming using Java Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – I
Basic Tamil – I / Advanced Tamil- I / Office Automation Lab – I
Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
Open Source Technology
Ethical Hacking Lab
Open Source Technology Lab
Computer Graphics Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – II
Basic Tamil – II / Advanced Tamil-II / Office Automation Lab – II
Virtualization & Cloud Security
IT Governance, Risk & Information Security Management
Computer Forensics – Lab
Mobile Application Lab / OOMD Lab
.Net Programming Lab
Campus Recruitment Training – III
Aptitude & Online Training
Internship Training / Project
- Providing realistic, hands-on training so as to master the students in Security level Programming.
- Focusing on Software Development using Open Source Softwares such as Python & PHP.
- Having updated Curriculum to meet Industrial Requirements.
- Organizing seminars and workshops in Android Apps Development, Responsive website development using Bootstrap, Laravel Framework, IoT, Digital Marketing,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various recent innovations.
- Having state-of-art lab with high end individual systems..
VALUE ADDED COURSES
- Certification Course in Security System Fundamentals
- Certification Course in CompTia Networking Fundamentals
- Certification Course in Microsoft Technologies
- Certification Course in A+ & N+
- Certification Course in Python Programming
|Level 1 -||Programmer|
|Computer Support Specialist|
|Computer Systems Analyst|
|Computer and Information Systems Manager|
|Level 2 -||Software Developer/Software Engineer|
|At least 1+ years of experience|
|Level 3 -||Software Architect|
|At least three+ years of experience|
|Level 4 -||Technical Lead|
|At least five+ years of experience in any one programming domain.|
|Level 5 -||Project Manager|
|At least eight+ years in the field to be considered|
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Our students got placed in the following industries.
- TrenMax Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Xencia Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Dot Com Infoway Ltd
- Winsols Business Development Service Ltd
- Atomicka Softtech Pvt Ltd
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, MHRD
- Spicejet Airways
- Zerame Software Solutions
On 09.10.2019, Alumna of CS & IT Department, Mrs.D.Keerthana (Batch: 2016 – 2019), working at TCS, Chennai interacted with the I year CS (SSS) students. She shared her experience and guided students as to how to be placed at TCS. She also motivated the students to concentrate on studies and…
The Department of Computer Science(SSS) conducted “TechTalk” event for the II year and III year students of Computer Science Department on 06, September 2019 in the Seminar Hall. The session started with Welcome Address delivered by Mr. Vasanth of I B.Sc CS(SSS). Ms. Krishnaveni and Ms. Kanmani of III…
The Department of Computer Science(SSS) conducted Peer Teaching Programme for the I year students. The peer teaching, held on 25, August 2019, was based on Value Education. In this session, Mr. C. Yash Jain and Mr. S. Vikas of II B.Sc CS(SSS) gave their peer teaching on Religious Value…
The Department of Computer Science(SSS) conducted a “TechTalk” event for the II year and III year students of Computer Science(SSS) on 30, August 2019 in the Seminar Hall. Ms. K. Karthiyayini and Ms. R. Priyasubrajha of II CS presented a paper on “Dark Web”. Mr. Pranav Kumar and Mr….
A guest lecture on Digital India was held on 19th, September 2019 for II the B.Sc CS(SSS) & III B.Sc CS(SSS) students. The session started with a welcome speech by L. G. Subhashini, II B.Sc CS(SSS) ‘B’. The Presidential address was given by the Principal, Dr. B. Ramamoorthy. Dr….
On 5th September 2019 students from the Department of CS participated in the Symposium held at AAA College of Engineering & Technology, Sivakasi. Totally 11 students participated in various events such as “You can’t see me” (Coding), “Game O Game” (Car game), “Puzzle hunt” (Technical Quiz), and “Paper Chase”…