BBA (Logistics and Shipping Management)
The Department of Business Administration was established in the year 2016. It offers BBA (Logistics and Shipping Management), a three year undergraduate course in the area of Business Administration. Moving goods to RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME and the Act of supervising the far-reaching activities is known as Logistics Management. Logistic Management includes the designing and administration to control the flow of materials to all business units. The course focuses on the four pillar approach – Professional Attitude, Practical Skills, Management competencies and a commitment in lifelong learning. The curriculum is designed to give a holistic business perspective with in-depth industry knowledge in Shipping and Logistics domain. It equips students with the required business expertise and industry-centric knowledge.
The student can develop the management skills along with the Logistics and Shipping management. On successful completion of the course, the student will become employable in industries as logistics analyst, global logistics manager, operations officer, transportation officer and so on.
- A pass in HSC with a minimum of 60% aggregate
Tamil I /Hindi I
Tamil II / Hindi II
Economics for Executives
Human Resource Management
Supply Chain Management
Production and Material Management
Workshop on Numerical Skills
Campus Recruitment Training- I
Non Major Elective – I
Fundamentals of Logistics
Campus Recruitment Training – II
Non Major Elective – II
Workshop on Reasoning Skills
Warehousing and Inventory Management
Transportation and Distribution Management
Practical – Computerised Research Application
Campus Recruitment Training III
Workshop on Seminar & Presentations – I
Advertising & Sales Promotion
Internship/ Project work
Skill based certificate courses
VALUE ADDED COURSE
Value added courses are given as a part of the curriculum. The department conducts certification programs so that every student completes the course with International Certificates to become more employable. These certification courses build the students confidence level to meet the competitive world.
- Shipping & Logistics Lab is established for giving practical training to the students to understand the real situation of logistics & shipping.
- Department of Business Administration is equipped with computer lab to conduct online examinations for both internal & external for related subjects with model tests practices
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
- Internship training for 45 days will be provided in shipping & logistics companies at the end of IV semester vacation.
- Project for 4 months have to be undergone in shipping & logistics companies during VI semester which is a part of the curriculum.
- Placement opportunities would be provided in shipping & logistics companies in India & abroad by signing MOUs
Guest Lecture on “Export Opportunities in Entrepreneurship” was organized for students of BBA – Logistics & Shipping Management on 30.11.2016. Mr.G.Rajamurthy, Director – Global School of Foreign Trade & Director – Centre for Export Entrepreneurship Development was invited as the resource person. Knowledge on nuances and practices to be…
An industrial visit to Tuticorin VOC Port Trust was organized for students of BBA – Logistics & Shipping Management on 23.11.2016. The students had the great opportunity to learn the operations of Tuticorin VOC Port Trust related to Logistics & Shipping. Students also got the experience of witnessing a…