Department of Networking was started in the year 2011, with a goal to roll out a pool of effective and employable manpower for the IT and software services industry. Our department has legacy of 5 batches of students has passed out lucrative job profiles in the IT and Network Infrastructure Services Industries. Department of networking has well-built and support of around hundreds alumni working in leading MNC’s, CMMM level certified, Medium level IT / Software development companies in India, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, USA and Gulf countries.
ABOUT B.Sc. NETWORKING
B.Sc. Networking is an undergraduate Networking course. This course helps to provide in-depth conceptual understanding and knowledge of best technology in networking. It aims to produce an efficient, smart networking / hardware professional in the field of networking and infrastructure support services in the software services industry. Modern internet services and communication involves huge infrastructure backbone which includes networking backbone devices, hardware devices, software, wireless devices and also the cabling infrastructure etc.
B.Sc Networking course provides a strong foundation on understanding the fundamentals of troubleshooting personal computer hardware, networking backbone devices, data cabling, server installation / administration, network planning and system administration.
This curriculum focuses on enriching the employability skills of an individual in context to the telecommunication and networking industry. This course provides an exposure to key emerging areas of networking technologies such as wireless, mobile networks and ad-hoc networks. The duration of the course is three years.
This course also provides field study opportunities and internships in leading network infrastructure support companies, which is compulsory as a part of the curriculum.
- Provides a streamlined, industry focused curriculum with hands-on practical training.
- In-depth knowledge in internetworking concepts and its functionalities.
- World class training on traditional and modern operating systems platforms, networking technologies, network monitoring tools, switching tools in a well equipped and sophisticated networking labs.
- Exposure to Datacenters, Cloud Computing technologies
- Imbibes a student with good analytical and trouble shooting skills through a well-defined lab curriculum, real time internship assignments, field study and projects.
- Built in syllabus for building good interpersonal, communication skills and a strong foundation in technical skills to make a lucrative career in IT Networking Infrastructure Industry.
- Microsoft Windows Server Platform
- RedHat Linux Server Platform
- CISCO Switching and Routing
- Wireless Networking
- Software Development Companies
- Hardware Manufacturing Companies
- System Design Companies
- Banking Sectors
- School, Colleges and Universities
- Technical / Desktop Support Engineers
- Customer Support Engineers
- Network Support Engineers
- System Administrator and Network Consultant
- Server Administrator
- Hardware Support Professionals
- Pass in +2 any group
SEMESTER – I
Tamil – I/Hindi – 1
English – I
Principles of Networks
Digital Principles and Computer Organization
PC Trouble Shooting
PC Trouble Shooting Lab
SEMESTER – II
Tamil – II
English – II
Principles of Computing
Operating System Lab
LAN Switching Lab
SEMESTER – III
Internetworking with TCP / IP
Database Management System Concepts
Windows server Active Directory Lab
Reasoning and Numerical skills
Troubleshooting & PC Assembling / Physical Education – II
SEMESTER – IV
Network Security Implementation and Administration
Customer Relationship Management
Network Security Lab
Linux Administration Lab
Windows Server Application Infrastructure Lab
Network designing & Troubleshooting / Traditional Game and Activities
SEMESTER – V
Enterprise Networking with Windows Server
Emerging trends in Networking.
Network Routing & Switching
Enterprise Networking Lab
Network Routing & Switching Lab
Sharpen Your Skills
SEMESTER – VI
Internship & Certification Examination
Compulsory International certification Programmes in
|· PC Hardware & Troubleshooting||