B.Sc Fire & Industrial Safety
- ABOUT US
- VALUE ADDED COURSE
- TRAINING AND TECHNICAL VISITS
- INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Global Industries have understood the importance and need of safety to run their business successfully & effectively. Compensation is not the substitute of human life and so industrial safety plays a vital role in reducing cost, reducing injuries and enhancing safety. All industries allot a handsome budget to have their own safety department and safety experts to motivate and train their employees to work safely. Any Industry or company has a social and legal obligation to provide a safe and healthy working environment to all his employees. Government is strictly implementing rules leading to workers safety in establishments. Thus, as per Factory Act in every industrial establishment, a Safety Officer is recruited compulsorily. This has opened new vistas for trained manpower requirement in the field of Fire & Industrial Safety Management. Keeping in view and out of the reputed institutes, SLCS has designed a full time course in B.Sc Fire & Industrial Safety for the first time in Tamilnadu to provide efficient and knowledgeable safety professionals to face the huge demand and the challenges of safety professionals in country and also in abroad.
B.Sc FIRE & INDUSTRIAL SAFETY
- A pass in HSC with a minimum of 50% aggregate
PG DIPLOMA IN FIRE & INDUSTRIAL SAFETY
- A pass in any Engineering stream or Bachelor of science in Physics / Chemistry / Fire & Safety
|B.Sc. Fire and Industrial Safety
||PG Diploma in Fire & Industrial Safety|
|SEMESTER – I||SEMESTER – I|
|Hindi-I||Safety, Health and Environmental Management|
|English – I||Fire Engineering and Explosion Control|
|Safety Management Systems||Safety in Engineering – I|
|Principles of Electrical and Electronics||Safety in Engineering – II|
|Basics of Mechanics||Quality Control in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment|
|Probability and Statistics||Elective – I|
|Basics of Industrial Processes||Elective – II|
|Value Education||Fire Fighting & Field Training|
|SEMESTER – II||SEMESTER – II|
|Hindi-II||Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation|
|English II||Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health|
|Basics of Chemical Process||Electrical Safety|
|Fundamentals of Fire & Fire Safety||Safety in Chemical Industry|
|Work study and Ergonomics||Safety in Construction Industry|
|Fire Prevention, Protection, Detection and Suppression Systems||Elective – III|
|Quality Concepts||Elective – IV|
|Environmental Studies||Industrial Safety Lab|
|Fire fighting & Field Training|
|SEMESTER – III||ELECTIVES :|
|Explosion & Special Fire Hazards||Safety in Process Industries|
|Fire Tender, Hydrant and Sprinkler System||Applied Ergonomics|
|Construction Safety||Safety in Textile Industry|
|Electrical Safety||Food Hygiene & Sanitation (HACCP)|
|Aspect and Impact Assessment of Pollution Control||Environmental Impact Assessment|
|Safety in Textile Industry||Safety In Engineering Industry|
|NME||Advanced Safety Management And Engineering Techniques|
|First Aid &Off Shore & Sea Survival Techniques Lab||Safety Inspection & Audit|
|Different Cultures and Safety||Disaster Management & Apell|
|SEMESTER – IV||Safety in Docks|
|Safety Legislation and Standards|
|Safety in Process Industries|
|Safety in Onshore & Off Shore Drilling|
|Food Hygiene & Sanitation (HACCP)|
|Occupational Health & Hygiene|
|Basics of Computer Laboratory|
|Behavior Based Safety|
|SEMESTER – V|
|Hazard Identification &Risk Analysis|
|Safety in Engineering Industry|
|Safety Inspection &Audit|
|Safety in Mines|
|Safety in Docks & Ship Breaking Industry|
|Disaster Management &APELL|
|Industrial Safety Laboratory|
|CRT – Campus Recruitment Training|
|SEMESTER – VI|
|Search and Rescue Techniques and Paramedics|
|Project & Viva Voice|
|Industrial Safety Training|
VALUE ADDED COURSE
- A Certificate from Tamilnadu Fire & Rescue Service Dept.
- First Aid Certificate.
- HACCP (Food Safety) Certificate.
- Basics of Audit Certificate.
- IOSH(Institute of Occupational Safety & Health)
EQUIPMENTS IN FIRE & INDUSTRIAL SAFETY LAB
College has its own spacious Fire & Industrial Safety Laboratory with
- All types of Portable Fire Fighting Extinguishers.
- Fire Buckets
- All Kinds of Hoses.
- All types of Nozzles.
- Fire Hydrant.
- High Expansion Foam Generator.
- Fixed fire fighting System. (Foam & DCP).
- All Equipments for Construction Safety.
- Basic First – Aid kit.
- Semi Olympic Swimming Pool (for Sea Survival Techniques)
- Gym for Physical fitness
- All types of PPE (Personal Protective Equipments)
- Ear Plug / Muff
- Breathing Apparatus
- Fire suit
- Helmets & Goggles
- Eye Wash / Shower
To expose Fire and Industrial safety management students to new technologies and practical aspects associated with it, SLCS is arranging practical and training programs apart from curriculum. SLCS also arranges various technical visits at high risk places like Madurai Airport, various Ship Yards at tuticorin & Chennai, Five Star Hotels, etc. Students are exposed to all fire Equipments & Appliances, Smoke Heat & Fire Alarm Systems, Care and Maintenance of Fire Extinguisher, Testing & Installation of Fire Protection system etc.
Contents of Various Drills and Practical Training
- Fire Squad Drill, Parade & P.T.
- Fire Extinguishers Operation Maintenance and Construction.
- Fire Hose pipe drill (Dry & Wet).
- Hydrant drill (Dry & Wet).
- Pump & Pump Operation Drill.
- Fire tender drill (Dry, Wet & Mounting)
- Ladder drill (Climbing & crew with hose pipe line position)
- Fire casualty rescue operation drill.
- Fire salvages parade.
- First aid as medical bandage practical.
- Ambulance parade (Casualty stretcher loading & unloading)
- Conduction of practical seminars on Worker’s Health, Safety & Environment.
- Wearing and operational procedure of B.A. set.
- Fixed Fire Fighting Installation practical.
- Live fire demonstration (Solid, Liquid, and L.P.G. Gases & Metal Fire Fighting), etc.
Students are exposed to
- Smoke Heat & Fire Alarm Systems.
- A fire equipments & Appliances
- Care and Maintenance of Fire Extinguisher.
- Testing & Installation of Fire Protection system
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
On successful completion of the courses prescribed, one can grab the following job opportunities:
- Safety Engineer
- Safety Officer
- Safety Manager
- Safety Inspector
- Safety Assistant
- Safety Executive
- Safety Supervisor
- HSE Manager
- HSE Officer
- Fire Officer
- Fire Supervisor
- Fire Protection Technician
- District Fire Officer
- Chief Fire Officer
- Deputy Chief Fire Officer
- Fire Alarm Technician
- ARFF Commander (ARFF-Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting)
- ARFF Operator (ARFF-Airport Rescue Fire Fighting)