What is Animation?
The word ‘animation’ is derived from anima, the Latin word for soul or spirit. The verb ‘to animate’ literally means ‘to give life to‘.
Animation is a graphic representation of drawings to show movement or shape change within those drawings. A series of drawings are linked together and usually photographed by a camera. The drawings have been slightly changed between individualized frames so when they are played back in rapid succession (24 frames per second) there appears to be seamless movement within the drawings.
Animation is an art form which can come from anywhere and which can go to anywhere – from a large production team working in a highly specialised studio or a lone individual working out of a bedroom, to an Imax Cinema screen several metres wide or a mobile phone screen a few centimetres across.
Pass in +2 (Any group)
SEMESTER – I
Regional Language – I
English Language – I
Digital Art & Design – Theory
Digital Art Design – Practical
Introduction to PC skills and Programming
Drawing with computer
SEMESTER – II
Regional Language – II
English Language – II
Advanced Photoshop & Texturing
Anatomy for Animation
Cel Animation – Practical
Principles of Animation, Media laws & ethics
SEMESTER – III
Introduction to 3D Studio Max
3D Modeling in Max
Shading & Texturing in Max
Lighting & camera techniques in Max
SEMESTER – IV
Introduction to Maya
3D Modeling in Maya
Shading & texturing in Maya
Character setup & Rigging in Maya
Lighting & camera techniques in Maya
Introduction to MEL Scripting
SEMESTER – V
Maya Effects, particles, dynamics & Rendering Techniques
Editing & Sound for Animation
Creating Demo Reel
SEMESTER – VI
3D Group project Or Internship
- Unique & Focused Syllabi.
- Well – built spacious classrooms with International Standards.
- Individual High-end HP Workstation with Licensed Software for Students.
- 2D and 3D Animation Lab with sophisticated and modern equipments.
- Spacious Drawing Hall for sketching character and anatomy.
- Videography and Editing Suites for Animation students to video capture live action and edit it for referencing.
- Exclusive Art studio to practice clay sculpting and character designing
- light boxes to explore 2D and experimental animation techniques
- Library with latest books and journals.
- Separate Render Farm.
- Professional Audio Recording Theatre.
- Digital Video Editing Lab.
- Chroma Studio.
- 100% Placement Assistance.
- 3 months Internship at Leading Studios.
- Industrial Experts as Faculty Members.
- Guest Lectures and seminars from Industrial professionals
- Storyboard and Concept Artist
- Character Designer
- Logo Designer
- Web Designer
- Layout and Matte Painting Artist
- 3D Character / Set Modeler
- Texturing and Lighting Artist
- 2D and 3D Animator
- Production Co-ordinator
- Art Director
- Technical Director
- Script Writer
- Setup Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Creative Director
- Interior Designer
- Architectural Designer
- 2D & 3D Game Designer
- Movies and televisions
- Advertisements and product demos
- Interior designing
- Architectural firms
- Medical simulations
- Educational institutions
- Computer-based trainings and Web-based trainings
- Computer / Mobile game development
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENT
Apart from technical training & project work, SLCS prepares you for a career in the animation, VFX & gaming industry. We provide regular job and recruitment sessions to train our students for job interviews. We also provide assistance to Entrepreneurship Development.
95% students of SLCS received job placements in top companies across India, with many of them starting their careers with monthly salaries above Rs. 15,000.
Our Students were placed at the following companies.
- Criya Innfotainment
- Prism and Pixels
- White Lotus Studios
- Varnam Creative Studios
- Bode Animation
PLACEMENT DETAILS ( 2014 – 2017 BATCH)
The following softwares that we use are the best and utilized in the field of animation. The software covers both 2D and 3D animation.
- 3D Studio Max
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro
- Pro Tools
On 22nd November, 2016, the Department of Film and Television Production organized a seminar on documentary film in SLCS’ auditorium. Our President and Dinamalar Publisher Dr.R.Lakshmipathy presided over the function. The chief guest Mr.Krishnasamy an eminent Documentary Film Director gave a wonderful speech on “Worldwide Tamil Culture”. He explained the…
Student Project 2017